Minor Traffic Offenses Can Lead To Big Problems!
Being pulled over for even a minor traffic offense can have consequences that affect your driving privileges, your finances or even your freedom. The longer you wait the more difficult it may be to favorably impact your case. I am an experienced attorney with thorough knowledge of the laws relating to traffic offenses and their potential cumulative or associated consequences. My law firm will work with you right from the start to assess your particular situation and determine the course of action that will be most beneficial to you. This may involve reducing points or fines or defending your rights in situations where criminal charges result.
I am located right here in New Port Richey, and will help to protect your rights and reduce the impact of a traffic ticket. You will always have direct access to me, and I will work with you throughout all legal proceedings.
What You Need To Know About The Potential Consequences Of A Traffic Violation
Here are some things you should understand about traffic offenses and related legal consequences.
- These relatively common traffic infractions can result in a fine and points on your license.
- Some examples include speeding (20 mph or less over the speed limit), running a red light or stop sign, careless driving and failure to yield.
- Accumulating points can result in the suspension of your license.
The benefits of using an experienced traffic offense attorney are to eliminate or reduce points and fines and possibly the need to take defensive driving classes.
- These charges can result from a simple traffic stop but can have serious consequences including jail time. For example, it may be discovered during a traffic stop for a minor offense that you have a suspended license or the wrong tag on your car. Even not wearing glasses if your license indicates this restriction can result in 60 days in jail.
In these cases you need legal representation. Talk to an experienced traffic offense lawyer in Pasco County.
- These are cases where a routine traffic offense can lead to the discovery of illegal weapons, drugs or other evidence. Even if the material is not yours you may still be charged with a felony.
- Felonies can lead to jail time and a ruined reputation among other serious consequences.
In these cases you need an attorney with experience in traffic offenses, laws relating to search and seizure and courtroom defense. I am highly experienced in all of these areas.