New Port Richey Drug Charges Lawyer – Call (727) 843-0097
Get pulled over under a suspicion of drunk driving and then got charged instead with a drug crime? Facing felony drug distribution charges for growing a few marijuana plants for your own personal use? Did you recently receive a summons to appear in a Pasco County, FL drug court?
We’ve been handling drug charge cases and protecting the rights of New Port Richey and Pasco County citizens for over 20+ years. Many of our clients have told us how impressed they are by the process and timeline with which we get cases resolved. Drug charges can permanently damage your record, employment opportunities and driving privileges. You can’t afford not to have it handled by an experienced professional and local drug charge lawyer.
Frank P. Bianco, P.A., is your neighbor and will work with you to fully understand the specifics of your drug charge case and provide you with the best options and representation possible.
Criminal Defense For Drug Charges Of The Following Types
The law firm of Frank P. Bianco, P.A., has been aggressively defending the rights of individuals charged with crimes in Pasco County since 1991. As a criminal defense attorney, I am constantly in court, fighting for the rights of clients facing various drug charges, including:
- Drug Trafficking: A drug trafficking charge depends on the total weight of the drugs, not upon proof of selling or transporting.
- Heroin Posession: Having even just a small amount of heroin can lead to a felony drug charge of possession.
- Marijuana Posession: Possession of as few as 25 pot plants is a second-degree felony, which can land you in jail for potentially up to 15 years if you are convicted in Pasco County or New Port Richey areas.
- Prescriptions: Simply having a forged prescription in your possession can lead to felony charges and a mandatory minimum jail sentence.
- Drug Possession: Possession of illegal drugs can lead to devastating consequences, including jail time, fines of thousands of dollars and even forfeiture of your assets, including your home, automobiles, business holdings, firearms and all of your cash.
You have too much to lose if you do not have an attorney on your side when you are facing misdemeanor or felony drug crime charges. Seek my assistance to get an experienced drug crime defense lawyer on your side at the first sign of trouble.
Kinds Of Drug Charges We Usually Get Here In New Port Richey
The most common arrests for drug possession involve:
The level of punishment for a drug charge depends on details, such as:
- The classification of the drug; Schedule 1 through 5
- The quantity of the drug in question
- Why you possessed it — e.g., intent to sell or recreational
- Whether you were carrying paraphernalia
Many drug sentences may, with a good drug charge lawyer, be reduced to rehabilitation to avoid incarceration. This involves attending treatment programs for up to 12 months, submitting to substance abuse testing and making additional court appearances. Complying with the terms can result in getting the drug charges dropped at the end of the treatment and probationary period.