Proving Fault or Negligence
Was it an accident or was it negligence? If you sustain an injury, it’s crucial to contact an experienced attorney that can work with you every step of the way. From the initial report, to medical care, to working within the system, a legal professional needs to be in your corner if you wish to obtain the best results. If the act that caused the injury was not intentional, your attorney will ascertain if the following happened:
- You were owed a duty of care
Some examples of this would be a driver’s responsibility to use caution on the roads. Another example would be a grocery store allowing old produce to fall onto the floor and litter the aisles. Perhaps someone was walking their dog without a leash.
- This duty of care was breached
Did that driver run a red light or stop sign? Were they speeding or impaired? Did that expired lettuce create a slippery walking hazard? Did that dog attack you?
- You were harmed as a result of this breach
You or your automobile is struck by said driver which results in an injury. You slip and fall in the grocery store. A dog bites you and you are required to seek medical attention.
If you become injured, remember to do the following:
- Take pictures. Nearly everyone is carrying a camera on their phone these days, so this should be a simple step to follow. The more evidence you can collect, the better your chances will be in court.
- Collect information from witnesses, such as names, addresses, and phone numbers. Do not count on the police or establishment where you were injured to do this on your behalf. Be proactive.
Personal injury attorneys in Pasco County
Under the law, a practiced attorney can file a lawsuit against an individual or entity within a specific time frame following an accident. When they are able to prove that you were injured due to negligence, you may be able to recover or receive the following:
- Future and current medical expenses
- Financial impacts of the injury
- Adjusted future earnings due to your injury
- Reimbursement for Property that was damaged
- Monetary damages from physical pain or emotional distress